A dental emergency can be painful and debilitating. Find an emergency dentist in the Bronx fast for urgent dental care. Park Avenue Smiles is an emergency dental clinic for general and cosmetic dental crises. This emergency dentist, open Saturday for your convenience, provides emergency dental care when you need it. In fact, you can find an emergency dentist open on Sunday, too, all at the same location.
A dental emergency usually doesn’t happen during your dentist’s normal business hours. Since a dental emergency affects your ability to eat, drink and work, having an emergency dentist open on Sunday helps you avoid losing time from work. Don’t deal with pain longer than necessary.
Whether your pain is due to an injury, hardware issue or sudden toothache, you need to find an emergency dentist in NYC fast. And knowing what to do until you can reach your emergency dental clinic makes an uncomfortable situation more tolerable.
Tooth-Related Concerns Requiring Urgent Dental Care
Accidents happen. Tooth pain can come on suddenly. Dental pain occurs for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Usually a result of untreated cavities or damage to the root and pulp of your tooth, toothaches can be constant, throbbing pain. Swab the area with clove oil, use cold compresses and take over-the-counter medication to relieve the pain until you receive emergency dental care.
- Broken, chipped or fractured tooth. Sports injuries, accidents, falls or hard foods can cause a tooth to chip, crack or break. Rinse your mouth with warm water. If you’re in pain, cold compresses and over-the-counter pain relievers help. Bring any tooth fragment to your emergency dentist in NYC.
- Knocked-out tooth or tooth needing extraction. Your dentist, open on Saturday, always tries to save your natural tooth. If one gets knocked out, rinse your mouth and the tooth in warm water. Don’t touch any tissue at the root of the tooth. Bring the tooth fragment in a container of milk or saline solution to your emergency dental clinic. If the tooth isn’t salvageable, your dentist may have to pull it.
Dental Hardware Issues
If you’re undergoing dental procedures or have had them in the past, sometimes you have issues with the hardware, including:
- Broken wires or brackets on braces. Braces involve wires and brackets in your mouth. Should one break, it can poke or cut your cheek or gums. Try bending the wire away from your soft tissue with a pencil eraser or place dental wax on the sharp end until you receive help.
- Broken or fractured crowns or fillings. The material used for crowns and fillings is usually durable, but like your natural teeth, they can chip or break. If the entire crown has loosened or come out, replace with toothpaste or dental adhesive until you receive emergency dental care. Don’t use any other kind of adhesive. A small piece of sugarless chewing gum can protect your tooth from a lost filling.
- Broken dentures. Dentures are usually made of an acrylic material that can break or crack. Your emergency dentist open Saturday fixes broken dentures to get you back to your daily routine.
Emergency Dental Care for Soft Tissue and Bones
Accidents and trauma to your face and mouth may require a trip to the emergency room. Contact your emergency dentist in NYC for:
- Bitten tongue, cheek or lip. You may have bitten down on a hard piece of food and accidently caught your tongue, cheek or lip. Softly clean the flesh with a wet cloth and apply pressure if you’re bleeding. Cold compresses or ice reduces the swelling. If the bleeding persists or the cut’s deep enough to require stitches, go for urgent dental care or the emergency room immediately.
- Abscess or swelling in your jaw. Infections occasionally occur around your teeth or gums. An abscess — an infection on or around your gums or in a tooth when the root is dying — causes the nerve to throb and ache. Injury can also result in infection. Infections can spread quickly throughout your body, so seek emergency dental care.
- Soft-tissue injuries. Sports injuries, falls or accidents sometimes result in cuts to the soft tissue in your mouth. Rinse with a salt solution, use cold compresses or a moistened tea bag to control the bleeding. Seek urgent dental care if the bleeding doesn’t stop or the injury is severe.
- Broken jaw. If your jaw pain is severe, apply cold compresses or ice and seek your emergency dentist in NYC or your emergency room immediately.
When you’re in pain, handling a dental emergency can be tricky. Assessing your care and finding the best treatment is what an emergency dental clinic does. Your NYC dentist’s goal is relieving your pain and discomfort and getting you back to your life and routine as soon as possible.
Do you have any questions about the emergency dental care in Bronx? For more information or to schedule an appointment with the emergency dentist in Bronx of Dentist in the Bronx NYC? Please contact our urgent dental care clinic for consultation with the dental specialist Farzin Farokhzadeh, DDS.